Exhibitor Information 2019
Download this information in PDF format.
Welcome to Art From Trash. 3 – 11 August
Entries are now open for Art From Trash 2019.
Entries must be received by Midnight July 12th, 2019.
Please remember our motivation in running this event is to educate people in the potential value of what we throw away, within an artistic context, to reduce waste. If in the process artists get to sell their work and make some money and we get a little off the top to support the costs of running the event then so much the better.
Online applications reduce paperwork considerably and allows us to concentrate on other priorities to make the exhibition great. If a paper version is the only way you can enter send your addresses by email to email@example.com and we will mail you one.
Opening Night Friday 2 August 2019
You and your guests are invited to the opening night soiree held on the Friday before the exhibition opens at the Makerspace Gallery, 12 Gerald St, Marrickville, starting at 6.00pm.
- Artwork must be delivered to venue on Thursday 1 August between 8am – 6pm
- Artwork can be collected from the venue on Monday 12 August from 8am – 6pm
Venue: Makerspace Gallery. http://makerspace.org.au/ 12 Gerald Street Marrickville
- People’s Choice – All artworks are automatically eligible for this award $500
- Trash Rats – Works made by young people 18yrs and under.
- Worn Issues – Wearable Art Award
How to Enter:
- Pay your entry fee through the Trybooking link
- Click on the online application link and complete
- All payments are online through Trybooking. Credit card and booking fees apply.
- $25 for a single artwork under 1 m square
- $50 for all larger single works
Access to the exhibition floor:
Access with Artwork is only possible via the lift shaft (800 x 900 x 1300) and the stairways (800 x 2000). Make sure that you artwork is either mountable on location or if it comes in one piece it should fit within these dimensions. If your artwork is really huge or if you are uncertain whether it will fit get in touch first or check out the location)
If you are entering multiple works:
Each work must have it’s own entry form and fee paid unless your exhibition entry is not for sale and can be displayed close together under 1.2m then you can enter them as one work. If your artwork is for sale and is a series of smaller pieces, for example jewellery, or smaller items with a combined sale value of under $150 then you can enter it as one work. Therefore if your artwork is a series with a combined value greater than $150 then each item needs it’s own entry form and fee paid. If your work is somewhere in between or you are now really confused email firstname.lastname@example.org first to check/negotiate. I am sure you can appreciate our efforts to be fair.
Commission: The commission amount payable to The Bower on the sale of items remains at 30% for the each item sold.
Artworks should be delivered:
ON: Thursday 1 August between 10am – 6.00pm.
Installation should be ready by Friday 2 August 4pm
Please remember it is the responsibility of all artists to deliver or arrange delivery of their artworks during this time only. Late artworks will not be accepted.
Artworks should be collected:
ON: Monday 12 August between 8am – 6.00pm
Please remember that a $50 per day fee is applied for artworks not collected on time. It is the artists responsibility to bring appropriate packing materials.
Conditions of Entry
- All artworks are to be made from predominantly discarded/salvaged materials.
- All artworks are to be the original work of the artist/s.
- All delivery and pick-ups are the responsibility of the artist/s.
- A fee of $50 per day will be charged to artist/s for each artwork not picked up on the specified day.
- All artworks are to remain at the Makerspace Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- All sculptural work must be safe and freestanding. Plinths are limited at the gallery.
- All artwork to be hung on walls must be supplied with eyelets
- The Bower will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any artworks during the exhibition.
- Artists are advised to insure their own artwork against loss or damage for the duration of the exhibition.
- The Bower reserves the right to photograph artworks in the exhibition for further use, including posting images on the internet. Artists will be acknowledged.
- The Bower reserves the right to reject any artworks not deemed suitable or appropriate for the exhibition.
For enquiries, please email contact: email@example.com