The Bower’s Mission is to:
- Reduce the amount of `hard waste’ going to landfill through education, repair, reuse and resale.
- Raise awareness of the value of waste reduction.
- Advocate for long life design, repairable products and the use of sustainable, recyclable materials for appliances and furnishings.
- Encourage community awareness of environmentally responsible design and manufacture.
- Provide affordable goods to low-income earners and other disadvantaged groups in the community.
- Involve the community in the development and achievement of these objectives.
- Generate employment opportunities and skills training in the community.
- Contribute to the social and environmental sustainability of the Sydney community via these objectives.
2018 Annual General Meeting
The 2018 Bower Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 17 November from 2pm – 4pm. The meeting will be held at Hut 5 in the Addison Road Community Centre, 142 Addison Road Marrickville.
The following documents pertain to the 2018 AGM:
- Michelle Sheather Director Nomination Form
- Ruth Catlin Director Nomination Form
- Antonio Turri Director Nomination Form
- Power of attorney
- Agenda 2018 AGM
- Draft Minutes 2017 AGM
The Bower Governance Documents
- The Bower’s Business Plan 2016~2021
- The Bower’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022
- Bower Rules Final (23-09-15)
- Governance for Good – The ACNC’s Guide for Charity Board Members
- Co-operatives Compliance Checklist
- Bower Conflict of Interest Policy
- 2016 AGM Minutes
- Financial Report 1617FY
- Annual Report 1617FY
- The Bower 2016 Annual Report
- The Bower 2016 Financial Statements
- The Bower 2015 Annual Report
- The Bower 2015 Financial Statements
- The Bower AGM Minutes 2014
- Financial Report 2013 – 2014
- Final Annual Report 2014
- The Bower AGM Minutes 2013
- Annual General Meeting 2013
- Annual Report 2012- 2013
- Audited Financial Report 2012 – 2013
- Bower AGM Minutes 2012
- The Bower Annual Report 2012
- Auditor’s Financial Report FY 2011/2012