Sales Representative : Casual Staff
Location: Marrickville & Parramatta Store
Work Type/s: CasualThe Bower is a not-for-profit environmental charity and cooperative that assists the community by diverting waste from landfill through workshops, a second hand shop and a reuse referral service.
Position Summary:We are looking for a casual shop sales person to join our team, working as part of a team in a vibrant, fast paced environment with many elements under the one roof. Tasks will involve but are not limited to face-to-face customer service, general sales, stock valuation and display, maintaining and implementing daily records and shop procedures.
1. Set up the shop for the day’s trading ensuring that all available products are on display, the shop is clean, tidy and clutter-free and that the till float is correct.”
2. Constantly monitor presentation and quality of stock.
3. Operate the cash register and perform end-of-day procedures.
4. Promptly serve customers, identifying customer needs & providing customer service.
5. Respond to customer enquiries – in person or by phone.”
6. Handle retail records (such as computer data entry of sales, ‘holds’, hiring of props, etc.)
7. Receive, check, load/unload, sort, display and price items.
8. General labour (involving regular heavy lifting, i.e. greater than 10 kg).
9. Accept membership applications, welcoming new members and ensuring that the applications are legibly and correctly completed and stored appropriately.
10. Ensure that the waste is disposed of in accordance with Bower policy and procedures.
11. Attend monthly staff meetings.”
12. Ensure that WH+S regulations are always practised in the performance of the position’s duties and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of WH+S procedures including risk assessment processes.
13. Take responsibility for The Bower infrastructure and general running and maintenance of Bower equipment in accordance with procedures.
14. Take responsibility for the passing of information relating to your shift to the next sales person or to other pertinent staff.
Necessary Skills:(should be addressed as Employment Criteria in applications):
1. Experience in cash handling, ideally in a retail environment.
2. Experience in presentation and display of goods and stock management.
3. Ability to assess potential value of second hand materials & products.
4. Ability to engage & communicate in a positive manner, with a diverse & sometimes challenging group of customers & suppliers.
5. Ability to provide instructions to & supervision of volunteers.
6. Knowledge of safe work practices (Work Health & Safety – WH&S).
7. Used to work unsupervised
8. Excellent time management and self-motivation.
9. Ability to follow procedures & instructions.
10. Concern for resource conservation, recycling & reuse.
11. Physical stamina & fitness.