- Restrictions and safety: No alcohol, illegal drugs, smoking, pets, or hazardous materials (gasoline, acid, etc.) are allowed at the Repair Café. Additional posted restrictions and safety requirements, if any, of the venue itself are hereby included and compliance to them is made compulsory by this reference.
- Declaration of non-liability: Neither the organisers of The Bower Repair Café or any alternative host venue, persons attending or otherwise participating, nor the repairers themselves, are liable for any loss that may result from advice or instructions concerning repairs, for the loss of items handed over for repair, for injuries such as electrocution, slips, trips and falls, overheating, burns and fire, and for consequential economical damage or for any other kind of loss resulting from work performed at the Repair Café .
- No warranties or guarantees are offered, expressed or implied: The Bower Repair Café and its volunteers making repairs offer no guarantee for the repairs carried out with their help and are not liable if objects that are repaired at Repair Café events turn out not to work properly at home or other setting of use. To the extent permitted by law, that the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) are excluded.
- Use a safety switch for electronic repairs. It’s a lifesaver. A safety switch is a device that switches off the electricity if an electrical fault is detected. A safety switch minimises the risk of injuries and deaths due to contact with electricity
- All attendees are bound by the Occupation Health and Safety requirements placed on the Bower reuse and Repair Centre and the use of Personal Protective Equipment is mandatory. Safety tool box talks are provided prior to repair activity and the use of hand tool. Additional safety briefings may be required for specialist or powered tools.
- The Bower Repair Café does not encourage, condone or advocate any attempt to repair items off site that may present risk or harm to an individual, contravenes any manufactures guidance or where inappropriate tools are used.
I the undersigned am aware of my personal responsibilities and are happy to accept and agree to these rules: