For people who like to upcycle and refurbish furniture, this is for you. The Bower invites anyone working with recycled materials to apply to sell your items in our stores. We call this program ‘consignment”. You might notice the items we sell on consignment in our Marrickville store on the left as you enter – you’ll see reupholstered stools, wood furniture which has been sanded back and re-oiled, or items which have been painted, repurposed or reinvented in some way.
If you are creating projects using recycled materials, we want to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consignment Program
The consignment program is an educational display of the potential for preloved goods sold throughout the store. Goods are therefore to reflect the re-use and repair ethos, including minimizing waste, and sustainable manufacture. Items must have been repaired, restored or re-invented with reused components and this should be evident when inspecting the item.
The Bower has a Consignment Agreement that participating artists are asked to read and adhere to.
The following is a summary of that agreement:
- Complete seven (7) hours volunteering at/on behalf of The Bower or pay $124 + GST annually.
- The Bower charges a Sales Commission equal to 30% (plus GST) of the Sales Price.
- The Consignee will be paid the nominated Sales Price less the Sales Commission.
- Items will be assessed by The Bower to see if they are repaired, restored or reinvented.
- The Sales Price will be agreed between the consignee and with The Bower.
- The Sales Price is reduced by 15% of the original Sales Price at the discretion of the sales staff.
- The Consignee is solely responsible for determining whether s/he is in a business and has to apply for an ABN or whether the activity is a hobby.
- The Consignee is solely responsible for determining and complying with its obligations in connection with GST.