This portal provides important text, image and video information for our partner councils.
In order to provide all LGA residents with a clear description of The Bower’s Collection & Rehoming Service (CRS), we request that the following documentation and wording be used in Council communications materials:
- Suggested script for Council Customer Service Officers when residents request bulky waste collection or council clean up service: CRS Council Clean Up Script
- Short description of The Bower Collection & Rehoming Service suitable for waste calendars, Twitter, Facebook updates: The Bower CRS Short Description
- List of Top 10 Items that The Bower does not accept: The Bower Top 10 Unacceptable Items
- Frequently Asked Questions about The Bower’s Collection & Rehoming Service.
- Information about how the Bower can collect from Multi Unit Dwellings
- Please use the attached logos in your communications materials and email media@ bower.org.au for approval prior to publishing: PNG File – PDF File
- A handy graphic of ITEMS WE DO and DON’T ACCEPT.
Download a copy of the Bower donation request form for residents who are not technically minded or don’t have access to email and internet and who want to book a collection.
Workshops & Repair Cafe Options
In Response to COVID-19 and the associated social distancing rules Bower Reuse and Repair Centres has introduced online repair cafés. Our RepairWorks Online experts assist the community remotely with repair of furniture, electronics, bikes and clothing. Partnering councils are given a 5% discount. We also host weekly Facebook LIVE workshop events, free of charge, every Saturday Morning at 11am. For more information or to book a session for your community, please contact Guido Verbist on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partnering councils are entitled to a 20% discount on both workshops and Repair Cafes, and we can deliver these at your chosen location, at a time and date that suits you. To enquire, please contact Guido on email@example.com
The Bower runs workshops and Repair Cafes for councils, community groups and private organisations across the greater Sydney region for sustainability education programs. We can also accommodate other reuse, upcycling or creative workshop ideas – just get in touch to discuss as our facilitators have a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Below are a selection of The Bower’s promotional flyers suitable for you to print and distribute via libraries, customer service centres, community centres, at festivals and community events or at e-waste or chemical clean out collections.
- Online Repair Options (In Response to COVID-19 and the associated social distancing rules)
- Workshop Options
- Kids Workshop Options
- Repair Café Options
- New Bower Logo
- New logo with Bird only
The overall Bower flyer, which needs to be printed double-sided and folded to DL size. This details all services The Bower offers, including the Collection & Rehoming Service and lists both Bower store details.
Photos of the Bower
You may utilise these photographs in your communications materials relating to The Bower.
- The Bower store at Marrickville (external)
- The Bower store at Marrickville (internal)
- The Bower store at Parramatta (external)
- The Bower store at Parramatta (internal)
- The Bower’s Woodshop at Redfern
- Bikes for sale
- Hardware for sale
- Timber building materials for sale
- The Bower truck at Marrickville
- The Bower truck side view Truck Driver with truck
- Furniture collection with truck Furniture collection
- Bower Repair Cafe
- Furniture painting workshop
- Upholstery workshop
- Parramatta Women’s Shed Make a Stool Course
- Kid’s Recycled Art Workshop
Videos About the Bower
We have four YouTube videos which tell the stories of different aspects of the Bower.
Don’t Dump Think Reuse Campaign
See the video for our anti-illegal dumping campaign.